The NAMI Upper Valley Idaho library features a collection of recent multimedia publications addressing mental illness, treatment, and experience. Materials are available for a two-week checkout. Read More
Family to Family classes will start in February 2016 in
Idaho Falls and Blackfoot.
Idaho Falls – Wednesdays, starting Feb 10th
at the SW Conference room at 2280 E 25th Street, Idaho Falls, EIRMC Behavioral Health Center.
Blackfoot – Thursdays, starting Feb 11th
at Jason Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, 168 So University Ave.
To register contact: Larry Roberts 208-757-7650
or Jane Roberts 208-757-8300
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 12-session education program for family, partners, friends and significant others of adults living with mental illness. The course is designed to help all family members understand and support their loved one living with mental illness, while maintaining their own well-being. The course includes information on illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression and other mental health conditions. Thousands of families describe the program as life-changing. The program is taught by trained teachers who are also family members and know what it is like to have a loved one living with mental illness.
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness.
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community.
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse.
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery.
- Up-to-date information about medications and side effects
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload.
“This course overall was the single most, without a doubt, helpful and informative thing ever offered in all my years searching for answers… It has helped me to understand better and communicate more effectively with my brother.”
“The course has helped me to realize that my son is still inside the body that is often times hidden by the mental illness and that I am not alone in this.”
We’re still trying to figure things out, but here are the dates for some important events:
Wednesday, September 16, 2015 – begin free, Family to Family classes from 6:30 – 9:00 pm in Idaho Falls and Rexburg.
- Idaho Falls classes will be in the conference room at the Behavioral Health Center (enter at south west corner of building)
- Rexburg classes will be in the Community Presbyterian Church on the corner of College Ave (50 East) and 2nd South
- For info call 208-533-3910 or 208-757-8300
Saturday September 26, 2015 – NAMI Idaho regional meeting and elections results will be in Coeur d’Alene at the La Quinta Inn, 333 W Ironwood. For info, contact NAMI ID at:
See you later!
Jane Roberts, President
NAMI Upper Valley, ID
The NAMI Idaho Conference will be held on September 20, 2014 in Coeur d’Alene.
We are starting Family to Family classes in Idaho Falls and Rexburg in September 2014. The Idaho Falls classes will start Wednesday, September 10, 2014. The Rexburg classes will start Thursday, September 11, 2014.